ZUT BORNIAK respects your right to privacy. This statement contains a description of personal information that we may collect and how we use it, and other important privacy and data protection issues.
We value the trust of our customers, contractors and other partners entrusting us with their personal data. Therefore, as a rule ZUT BORNIAK complies with all laws regarding the protection of privacy and personal data.
This Policy applies to all websites and mobile applications operated by or on behalf of ZUT BORNIAK (further jointly referred to as the Websites). It also refers to personal data that may be obtained in various manners: by filling in the form from our Websites, through e-mails, as a result of contact in a manner different than through our Websites – e.g. personally, via telephone, during a presentation or training as well as from our customers, distributors, suppliers, sellers and other business partners (further jointly referred to as Business Partners).
General rules for the collection, use and disclosure of personal data
Collecting personal data, ZUT BORNIAK is obliged to:
- inform about the way of handling data at the right time and in the right way;
- collect personal data only for specific and legitimate purposes. We collect only the necessary information that is significant, relevant and does not go beyond what is necessary to achieve a specific goal;
- process personal data in a manner consistent with the purpose for which it was collected or to which you subsequently agreed;
- take economically reasonable steps to ensure that personal data is appropriate for the intended use, accurate, complete and, if necessary, updated;
- not to use personal data for direct marketing without providing you with the option to resign;
Collection of personal data
ZUT BORNIAK collects the following types of personal data:
- Information provided by you
Personal information received from you that may contain: (i) contact information, such as your name, company name, job title, postal address, email address and phone number; (ii) information on how we use our products and demographic information; (iii) comments, questions, requests and orders sent by customers; (iv) financial information necessary to process payments when making purchases, such as credit card or bank account details or tax identification number; (v) login details, including, if applicable, information on the social media account needed to log in; (vi) information on customers’ preferences, e.g. the preferred method of contact and products a given customer is interested in.
- Information collected automatically from your devices.
Device and browser information. The company may collect technical data of customers’ devices, such as the type of device, the type of web browser, IP address, operating system and device ID. The company retrieves this information automatically from the device and web browser using cookies and related technologies.
Information on how to communicate with us. The company may collect technical information about how users use the Website and how they respond to advertisements and promotions on the Website, such as viewed or downloaded content, used features, clicked links, open promotional e-mails, and interaction dates and times. ZUT BORNIAK collects this information using cookies and related technologies.
Cookies and related technologies: Cookies are files with information saved in the device when visiting a website. Cookies and related technologies increase users’ comfort by saving their preferences, personalizing the way pages are viewed, storing information and products in the shopping cart and sometimes allowing the delivery of advertisements corresponding to their interests.
The Websites use session cookies. They do not allow for identification of a person and they disappear when the browser window is closed. For example, when a user browses the Product Catalogue, the numbers of viewed pages are saved in the session cookie. Based on this information, we can recommend users other products that may interest them.
Moreover, the Websites use permanent cookies which do not disappear when the browser is closed. This data is stored on your computer until you delete it or until it expires. Assigning an ID to a computer, we can create a database concerning prior choices and preferences of users which can be later applied automatically to facilitate and accelerate the use of our websites in the future. If for instance after placing an order the user decides to make a purchase again, the delivery address can be inserted automatically and it only requires confirmation.
Moreover, the Internet browser may contain settings allowing for acceptance or rejection of cookies, and inform users about each cookie saved in their computers.
Statistics and advertising
ZUT BORNIAK uses external services that collect statistical data on the use of its websites and applications by users, including Google services. For more information about how Google collects and uses data when users visit their partners’ websites, see the pages below:
Settings Do Not Track Internet in web browsers. Some web browsers may send a “Do Not Track” (DNT) signal to open websites. As there is not yet a general consensus on the interpretation of DNT signals, currently we do not respond to them.
- Information from Business Partners and other third parties
ZUT BORNIAK collects personal data through its Business Partners. This information may include contact details, such as your name, company name, position, postal address, email address and phone number.
Moreover, ZUT BORNIAK may obtain personal information from other third parties, including public and commercial sources. Information received from Business Partners and other third parties can be combined with information obtained from customers and their devices in the manner described above.
You have the right to choose what personal data you provide to ZUT BORNIAK. You can refuse to provide the information we ask for, but then we may not be able to provide you with a service or technical support or deliver a product.
Use of personal data
ZUT BORNIAK may use personal data for the following purposes:
- Building and maintaining relationships with you and our business partners. These activities may include: providing services or conducting transactions upon your request or upon our business partner’s request, providing information about products, services and transactions, and advertising that may be of interest to you, providing you and our business partners with uniform practices in interactions, also by obtaining information about you and how you use the Websites, as well as products by ZUT BORNIAK, planning, management and operation based on agreements concluded with Business Partners.
- Communication with you and your company. Communication may include: information about products and promotional activities that may be of interest to customers and their companies; providing information on relevant products, services and transactions, including price lists, technical data, billing, shipping and product data, information regarding guarantees or withdrawals of products or information about product improvements, answering questions and applications, including customer service requests.
- Providing and improving our Websites, applications and products. These activities may include: adapting the Websites to customers’ preferences or interests, ensuring their better compatibility with the technology used by customers or facilitating their use in a different way; caring for safety and security; creating new websites, applications and products.
- Legal issues. These activities may include: complying with obligations regarding the storage of certain information for the shortest possible time; determining, enforcing or protecting our rights; compliance with laws, ordinances, court rulings and other legal requirements; detecting and preventing frauds, violations of intellectual property rights, violations of provisions of contracts or agreements concluded with us, any violation of law or other inappropriate use of the Websites or products and responding in the event of such instances; protection of property rights of ZUT BORNIAK and health, safety, good and property rights of customers and others.
Moreover, ZUT BORNIAK may use personal data in a different manner consistent with the context of obtaining it or with your consent.
ZUT BORNIAK may anonymize or aggregate collected information for use for any purpose, including research and development of new products. Such information does not allow for identification of persons.
Disclosure of personal data to third parties
ZUT BORNIAK will not disclose, rent, sell or otherwise provide personal information, except in the following cases:
- ZUT BORNIAK may share your personal data with its Business Partners, including entities based in other countries. In this case, the entities that have received the data will use it in a manner consistent with this Policy and all applicable specific privacy statements and legal provisions regarding the protection of privacy and data.
- ZUT BORNIAK may also share personal customer data with third parties it employs to provide support services. These entities are required to use personal information received from us solely for the purpose of providing services on behalf of ZUT BORNIAK and process it in accordance with the applicable provisions on the protection of privacy and personal data.
- In some cases ZUT BORNIAK may share personal data with third parties cooperating with ZUT BORNIAK in the field of delivering products to customers, in particular to distributors. In such cases, we require from Business Partners who receive personal data from us to use it in a manner compliant with this Policy and all applicable specific privacy statements and provisions of the law concerning protection of privacy and data.
- ZUT BORNIAK may also share customers’ personal information with third parties if the company believes that it is necessary in good faith: to comply with laws, orders, court rulings and other legal requirements; to detect and prevent fraud, infringement of intellectual property rights, violations of our contracts or agreements, violations of law or other inappropriate uses of the Websites or products, and responding in the case of their occurrence; to protect property rights of ZUT BORNIAK and health, safety, good and property rights of customers and others; in other such situations. If such an event occurs, we will undertake all necessary steps to protect your personal data.
- ZUT BORNIAK may share personal data of its customers with third parties in connection with the sale, purchase, merger, restructuring, liquidation or termination of ZUT BORNIAK or a business unit of ZUT BORNIAK or in other circumstances of this kind. If such an event occurs, we will undertake all necessary steps to protect your personal data.
- ZUT BORNIAK may share personal data upon consent or upon request of the data subject.
Security of personal data
Personal data will be stored mainly in databases of ZUT BORNIAK or databases of service providers of ZUT BORNIAK. Databases are located in Poland and in the European Union. ZUT BORNIAK take all appropriate steps, by contract or otherwise, to ensure proper protection of personal data disclosed to third parties or transferred to other countries.
ZUT BORNIAK undertakes appropriate measures to ensure confidentiality, security and integrity of the personal data held. As much as we strive to protect your personal data against unauthorized disclosure, misuse or alteration, in the case of all computer networks connected to the Internet, we cannot guarantee total security of information transmitted via the Internet and we are not responsible for security breaches that we have not had any reasonable impact on.
Duration of personal data storage
The duration of personal data storage depends on its purpose and how it is used. The storage time of certain types of data is governed by the applicable law. We do not store other data for longer than necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected.
Access to personal data
You have the right to view, update and delete personal data you provided to us, contacting us via e-mail: email@example.com or telephone: +48 94 373 00 02.
You have the right to report requests and complaints to the competent data protection authority. Starting from 25.05.2018 it will be the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection.
Changes to this Policy and our Privacy Statements
Date of the last update of this Policy: May 2018.